BeeHive204AP (ord.no. 60-0055) and
BeeHive204AP-AU (ord.no. 60-0058)
Extremely fast universal 4x 48-pindrive concurrent multiprogramming system – the core for automated programmers and automatic test equipments (ATE). Version with ZIF socket openers is also available.
Price: US $3990.00 Price: US $5890.00
- industrial version of BeeHive204 programmer for usage in automated programmers and ATE machines
- four independent universal programming sites (BeeProg2based) in one unit
- extremely fast programming, one of the fastest programmers in this category. Programs 64Mbit NOR Flash memory less than 9 seconds and 1Gbit NAND Flash less than 70 sec.
- two BeeHive204AP units can be attached to one control PC to better utilize programming workplace
- (option) Windows Embedded OS driven BeeHive204AP control unit serve two BeeHive204AP programmers
- (option) system is scalable up to 64 programming sites in one automated programmer (16x BeeHive204AP + 8x BeeHive204AP control unit)
- for implementation into automated programmer/handler without ZIF socket opener is available also version of BeeHive204APwith ZIF socket actuation system – BeeHive204AP-AU
- usage of BeeHive204AP-AU have also advantages in higher throughput (UPH) and longer lifetime of ZIF sockets
- comfortable and easy to use control program, works with all versions of MS Windows from Windows XP to Windows 10(32-bit and 64-bit)
- implementation into available 3rd party automated programmers and ATE machines using simple remote control
- unique quick reaction to customer’s needs – software update can be ready within a day from request by OnDemand software
- made in Slovakia
- warranty – 3 years
- BeeHive204AP is an industrial version of BeeHive204 programmer for usage in automated programmers. The differences are:
- the dimensions of the BeeHive204AP programmer are reduced – compared to the BeeHive204 – in intent to minimize overhead of the handler’s arm movement
- more mechanically stable case to be immune against vibration during operation. The case of BeeHive204AP is prepared to be fastened from top or from bottom of programmer body into automated programmer working place
- different construction of programming modules, stable enough for insert/replace chips by mechanical arm and also that allow to keep identical position of ZIF socket also after replacing of the module
- BeeHive204AP can be implemented into automated programmer (as a replacement of obsolete programmer) or into some handler by two ways:
1) using of standard PC, for example BeeHive204AP can be connected to the control PC of automated programmer.
- up to 2 BeeHive204AP can be attached to one computer using USB hub or USB ports of the PC
- see please BeeHive204 description for other details of this implementation
- 2) using BeeHive204AP control unit (option)
- Up to 2 BeeHive204AP programmers are controlled by BeeHive204AP control unit. The BeeHive204AP control unit is Windows Embedded OS driven computer, optimized for industrial environment.
- Whole system is scalable up to 64 programming sites in one automated programmer by multiplying of BeeHive204AP programmer and BeeHive204AP control unit. Maximal configuration comprise of 16x BeeHive204AP programmers and 8x BeeHive204AP control units.
- One BeeHive204AP control unit in the system serve as a master unit. Here is running also multiprogramming control software, serialization engine and interface to the host system.
- Interfacing of BeeHive204AP control units is done over standard LAN and external LAN switch. Interfacing of BeeHive204AP master control unit and host systems is over LAN (other interface on request).
The selected way of the BeeHive204AP implementation into automated programmer or handler depends mainly on the type of chips you plan to program. Let’s assume, the mechanical arm movement time, from picking up chip from the input tray (tape, …) to chip insertion into ZIF socket of programmer, including fine positioning by camera, is 5 seconds. The time between chip removing from ZIF socket of the programmer and placement of chip to output tray (tape, …) is 3s. Together it is 8 seconds, multiplied 7 sites (until one site is served, 7 sites are working) it is 56 seconds. Because the high programming speed of BeeHive204AP, only really large memories have programming time that exceed this time – and then the usage of BeeHive204AP control unit is needed for totally balanced performance of both programming system and handler.
- Implementation of BeeHive204AP into available 3rd party automated programmers and handlers is using simple remote control of the PG4UWMC control software. There exist examples of implementation for standard programming languages and of course we are ready to help customer with this task.
- For other (standard) parameters of BeeHive204AP programmer, see please description of BeeHive204.
- BeeHive204AP programming modules have schematics identical like programming adapters for BeeHive204 programmer, but these modules are mechanically designed for perfect stability at the top of the programmer and also in intent to keep identical position if the programming module is exchanged.
- The list of
BeeHive204AP programming modules
- is identical like BeeHive204
- , except the programming adapters that use ClamShell version of the ZIF socket (mainly adapters for BGA packages). We’re continuously working on the finding of proper open-top ZIF sockets for such programming adapters.
- for implementation of BeeHive204AP into 3rd party automated programmer/handler without ZIF socket opener is available version of BeeHive204AP with ZIF socket actuation system: BeeHive204AP-AU.
- usage of BeeHive204AP-AU have also next advantages:
– because ZIF sockets on the programming modules are opened only once for each chip programming cycle, the double longer lifetime of ZIF socket is reached
– higher throughput (UPH) of programmer, because robotic arm is not delayed by opening/closing of ZIF socket
- Main features:
- each programming site of BeeHive204AP work separately from other programming site, therefore each programming site have separate ZIF socket actuation unit
- the ZIF socket actuation unit is designed for all kinds and sizes of ZIF sockets used at programming modules. Simple design allow to apply pressure exactly symmetrically to top of ZIF socket and it keep mechanical life of ZIF socket as long as possible.
- smart design of pressure plates is designed to be easy adjustable and the pressure can be applied to ZIF socket at proper place.
- ZIF socket actuation unit work very fast, both action, push and release, take less than 0.5s each
- compared with competitive solutions, where more ZIF sockets are actuated together (… and slowly), our solution for ZIF socket actuation really don’t retard the handler’s arm movement
- the lifetime of ZIF socket actuation unit is more than 2.5 million cycles at condition of ZIF socket pressure force below 2.5 kg
PC system requirements
- Common, software related requirements
- Programmer hardware related requirements:
- either one USB port, 2.0 compatible
- external power supply unit: operating voltage 100-240V AC rated, 90-264 VAC max., 47-63 Hz. Output voltage: 15V
- power consumption max. 60W active
- dimensions of BeeHive204AP programmer: 310x205x61 mm ( 12.2 x 8.1 x 2.4 inch). Dimensions were measured without programming module inserted and does not include projections. Total height of BeeHive204AP programmer with programming module inserted depends on ZIF socket height and can vary between 80-90mm.
- dimensions of BeeHive204AP-AU programmer: 310x205x96 mm ( 12.2 x 8.1 x 3.8 inch). BeeHive201AP-AU height is measured with pressure plate at upper position.
- weight of BeeHive204AP programmer: 3.5kg (7.72 lb)
- weight of BeeHive204AP-AU programmer: 3.9kg (8.6 lb)
- operating temperature: 5°C ÷ 40°C (41°F ÷ 104°F)
- operating humidity: 20%..80%, non condensing
Package includes (programmer and standard accessories):
- BeeHive204AP/BeeHive204AP-AU programmer
- external power supply unit 100-240V AC to 15V/4.3A DC (1x)
- power cord (Europe / USA / Japan) (1x)
- USB connection cable PC-programmer (1x)
- diagnostic pod for ZIF socket selftest of the programmer (1x)
- diagnostic pod for ISP connector selftest of the programmer (1x)
- calibration test pod (1x)
- ISP cable (4x)
- programming module fixating screw (8x)
- CD with software and user’s manual
- calibration test report
- sticker “Elnec programmer inside” (2x)
- sticker register your programmer (1x)
- brochure Notes about ESD (1x)
- transport case
Accessories for BeeHive204AP-AU only:
- pressure plate (4x)
- adjustable bar 1 (57.2mm) (8x)
- adjustable bar 2 (74.2mm) (8x)
- hex key Nr. 2,5 (1x)
- Gift (surprise)
Programmer price also includes
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet